CrossFit RisingStar was started in 2015 as a place to unwind from the stress of the day, bring others together, and to help each other through- a place to achieve optimal health in a supportive environment, and to feel good doing it.
We take pride in our ability to provide quality, professional coaching in a supportive atmosphere. I personally can say that I am not alone in stating that I would never in my life have been made to deal with the repercussions of a global pandemic. But here we are. Safety as always is our top priority and to ensure that safety, decisions must be made and new procedures put in place.
I am confident in our plan to reopen safely.
I am excited to be able to re-open soon and pledge to make your return to the gym as safe and productive as possible. This pandemic will be with us for a while longer, which is why we’ll be opening our operations in stages until we are eventually at full operational capacity.
We will be asking all members to make a few adjustments to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. Staff and coaches will be making adjustments as well. Please let us know how you are doing and what we can do to help things be better. We’re all in this together!
In considering the staged plans for reopening, we tried to find a balance between compliance with the protocols of the CDC/State of Vermont and everyone’s needs. Many of you have expressed your concerns, and a poll was issued that helped get a realistic picture on just what is needed to ensure that you get the best and safest workout you can.
The details outlined are reflective of those considerations. As conditions evolve and needs emerge we should be able to move onto the next stage of operations. We will keep you informed as these changes arise.
Coaches will have additional cleaning duties before and after workouts/training sessions.
We’ll keep the big garage doors open so that there will be plenty of fresh air circulating throughout the space.
We also wish to avoid extended in-person contact for the sake of social distancing. For that reason, I ask that all members take a “get ‘er done” attitude when approaching your workout. We’ll have to hold off on fist bumps and high fives for now, but we can Still hoot and holler all we want!
Keep on Rising UP!
Questions? Please contact me directly via email [email protected]
Safety Guidelines for Members Stage I
- Illness: If you are sick, please stay home. Additionally, please answer these four questions from the CDC. If the answer is yes, do not enter the gym for two weeks (your membership will be put on “quarantine hold” at no additional cost during this time).
- Have you been confirmed positive for COVID-19?
- Are you currently experiencing, or have you recently experienced, any acute respiratory illness symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close contact with any persons who have been confirmed positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with any persons who have traveled and are also exhibiting acute respiratory illness symptoms?
- Travel: If you are returning from out of state, please do not come into the gym for 14 days.
- High-Risk Individuals: Vulnerable or high-risk individuals or those in frequent contact with said individuals are discouraged from attending group classes during Stage 1. Reasonable and sound accommodations such as one-on-one online training and equipment loans can and will be made as the situation dictates.
- Social Distancing: Maintain a minimum of six-foot distance at all times. Observing the Workout-Station markings on the floor that indicate where to setup during classes will easily facilitate social distancing.
- Hand Washing: Handwashing with soap or use of hand sanitizer is upon entering the gym with sanitizer to use before going into the bathroom.
- Face-Touching: Avoid touching your face to prevent virus spread.
- Sneezing & Coughing: Sneeze or cough into your elbow or tissue.
- Face Coverings: We are encouraging all members to wear face coverings when entering and moving about the gym. Face coverings are encouraged to be on your person at all times. Removing face coverings for your socially distanced workout is acceptable.
- Cleaning Equipment: Clean equipment after every use with the provided spray bottles and towels. Wipe down spray bottles after every use. Paper towels and a spray bottle will be provided in each WOD-Station upon your arrival.
- Personal Items: For this stage, all personal items must be taken home at the end of your workout. Personal items stored in cubbies must be cleared no later than June 5.
- Contact Tracing: Let us know if you have been at CFRS and subsequently acquire COVID-19 so we may assist the state in contact tracing.
Safety Guidelines for Facility Phase I
- Reduced Capacity: Capacity will be limited to assist in social distancing. Class sizes will be limited to 9 people. As the restrictions are lifted and limits can increase, we will communicate these limits through your Wodify workout-tracking app.
- Illness: All coaches and cleaning staff will stay home if sick, as well as answering the four CDC questions before every shift.
- Social Distancing: All staff and members will observe six-foot distancing. Markings on the floor will indicate your workout station. Stations and workouts will be planned so as to maintain safe distancing and mitigate the need to share equipment
- Sanitization/Cleaning: We will be following the Vermont Department of Health, CDC, and Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) sanitization/cleaning guidelines.
- High-Touch Areas: Staff will be regularly sanitizing door handles, countertops, and other high-touch areas.
- Cleaning: The bathroom and all equipment will be cleaned by the on-duty coach and/or staff prior to the next class. Also before and after each individual training session.
- Deep Cleaning: The entire gym will undergo a deep cleaning weekly.
- Chemicals: We have upgraded our chemicals to those effective against COVID-19.
- Face Coverings: Coaches will wear a mask/face covering when necessary to move within the six-foot distancing area for coaching.
- Staff Training: All staff will complete COVID-19 safety training with the Vermont Occupation Safety and Health Administration (VOSHA).
- Hand Outs: These guidelines will be available as handouts to whomever requests..
- Signage: Signs will be posted at the entrance and throughout CFRS conveying relevant information to remind members of the rules.
Thank you, once again for trusting CrossFit RisingStar to help you reach your goals.